Chapter 21 - Blindness

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well.

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





A Dense Man

 

 

"Ohhh, I'm definitely hated. He absolutely hates me now~"

 

Uttering these words, Mikado Haruhito, wrapped in a state of distress, sat in the living room after Ren's departure. While Yuto served him tea, he buried his head in his hands, lamenting endlessly.

 

"Master Ren was simply tired, you know. Otherwise, I don't think he would have raised his voice like that."

 

"But, did you see it? That gaze, as if he wanted to shoot me dead!! Ahhh... It's hopeless. I can't go on living."

 

"Now, now, don't be so down. Master Ren will stay here for a while, and Master Mikado will also attend the party, right? So you'll have more opportunities to meet."

 

"...Y-yeah... Yuto-kun, you're so kind."

 

While feeling somewhat exasperated at his excessive lamentation, Yuto hesitated to leave him alone. He gently rubbed Haruhito's back as a form of comfort. Perhaps finding some solace in Yuto's devoted attitude, Haruhito raised his tear-filled, fervent gaze towards Yuto.

 

Observing Haruhito's state, Aoi, who was sitting on the opposite sofa, raised an eyebrow in slight surprise. Without hesitation, he stood up and gracefully settled down next to Haruhito, who was dressed in a white shirt. Crossing his long legs, he found a comfortable position by his side.

 

"Geez, how long are you going to keep repeating the same thing? It's getting tiresome."

 

"Ugh... Like you could understand my feelings!"

 

"Feelings? Are you in love with my brother?"

 

"In love...?"

 

Caught off guard by Aoi's question, Haruhito struggled to find the right words. He crossed his arms slowly and fell into silence for a couple of minutes. Haruhito opened his clearly defined double-lidded eyes slowly and uttered with a pained tone.

 

"I never thought about it as being in love... But it might be a similar emotion."

 

"Oh, I see..."

 

"On that day in our second year of high school, when I saw Master Ren, who rarely came to pick you up, I was struck by how beautiful he was. My heart tightened, and my hands trembled. But there were those intimidating black-suited bodyguards around Master Ren, so it wasn't easy to approach him."

 

"Hmm..."

 

"But he approached me... or rather, he came closer to you, who was standing next to me. With a gentle voice, he said, 'Aoi, let's go,' and took your hand... Can you understand the feelings I had at that time? I was so envious of you!"

 

"Even if you say that..."

 

"After a brief eye contact, Master Ren quickly pulled you into the car and disappeared. I thought that maybe I could get closer to him by using you as a bridge, but Master Ren has been a shining star in high society since then, always busy with work. I realized that I couldn't easily meet him anymore. So I quickly took on my own responsibilities and worked hard to get to where I am now... Yet, it seems I still can't capture his attention."

 

After pouring out his story in one breath, Haruhito let out a heavy sigh. He pressed his head with one hand and spoke with a self-deprecating smile.

 

"In love, huh? Maybe that's what it is. I thought I was simply in admiration of Master Ren's competence and beauty..."

 

"I see... Well, if it's you, I can entrust my brother to you."

 

"Huh? Entrust...? What are you talking about? He's an alpha among alphas. I'm sure he's constantly indulging in the company of beautiful omegas and keeping himself busy at night."

 

"Hey, you're suddenly using such vulgar language! We're talking about my brother, you know."

 

"I know that! I'm just... I can't take it anymore! If only I were an omega... or maybe..."

 

"I wouldn't even consider embracing a bulky omega like you."

 

"Shut up!"

 

Haruhito said bluntly as he gulped down his tea. Then he snorted at Aoi, who was watching him with a cool expression.

 

"By the way, I overheard something interesting earlier. Who is this person you want to be with? Do I know them?"

 

"Oh... You heard about that?"

 

"I only heard a bit. Is it a female omega? Or a male? You have plenty of omegas flocking around you, did you select one from among them?"

 

"No, it's not like that. It's someone who has always been by my side."

 

Aoi casually said this while looking up at Yuto, who was rearranging the tea set on the table. Yuto, noticing Aoi's gaze, blinked in surprise. Considering the flow of the conversation and Aoi's expression, it would be immediately apparent to anyone who wasn't incredibly dense who the object of Aoi's affection was.

 

"Huh? Who's that? Is it... by any chance, me?"

 

"...Huh?"

 

"No, no, no... Aoi, that's troublesome. Even if it's you... well, you and I are both alphas."

 

"What are you saying?"

 

"Well, you're beautiful, and you're a good person... But, no, no way, there's no way I could..."

 

"..."

 

As he said that, Haruhito straightened his back on the sofa and faced Aoi. He gently placed his hands on Aoi's shoulders, peering into his eyes as if searching for something.

 

While being shocked by Haruhito's denseness, Yuto struggled to suppress his laughter and observed Aoi's perplexed expression and lukewarm gaze as he stared back at Haruhito.

 

"Aoi... So you want to be with me so badly... Ah, I see. That's why, when you regained your sight, you went to grope my chest..."

 

"Oh... come on, stop it!! Me wanting to be with you? Who said that!?"

 

"Huh? I-Is that not it...!?"

 

"There's no way that's true! Didn't I say it earlier? I don't have a hobby of embracing bulky guys like you."

 

"Well, maybe you want to be embraced by me instead."

 

"Ugh... That's disgusting! I'm getting goosebumps!"

 

Aoi made a thoroughly disgusted face, pushed Haruhito's hand away, and stared at his bewildered expression. Yuto couldn't help but burst into laughter, but he quickly pressed his lips together tightly, suppressing his amusement.

 

"Why, isn't it me?"

 

"Why do you look a bit disappointed?"

 

"Well, if we were together, I could become Ren's relative, right?"

 

"I would never get together with someone like you! Geez, it gives me chills. Besides, if you're so interested in my brother, why don't you make a move yourself? This is your only chance, you know."

 

"W-Well, you have a point..."

 

"Geez... You're really creepy."

 

"Do you have to say it in such a harsh way?"

 

Facing Haruhito, Aoi's vibrant and talkative nature shone through. It was a rare and delightful sight, and Yuto couldn't help but listen with a warm smile on his face. The image of the beautiful Aoi and the handsome Haruhito getting along had a strangely twisted charm, which oddly tickled Yuto's heart.

 

Yuto thought that these two had probably been playfully bantering like this since high school, and it was quite heartwarming.

 

Having felt extremely nervous because of Ren, this relaxed atmosphere brought Yuto a wonderful sense of relief.

 

+

 

"Sigh... Finally home."

 

After being dragged into offering love advice to Haruhito for about an hour, Aoi sighed deeply, looking thoroughly exhausted. He had been relentlessly involved in Haruhito's self-reflection journey, pondering aloud the forbidden nature of love between alphas and how to make it work.

 

Aoi sat down heavily on the bed and stretched his neck.

 

"When you're with Master Haruhito, you seem so lively. I'm a bit envious."

 

"...Envious?"

 

"Master Haruhito must know many sides of you that I'm unaware of, and it makes me feel a bit jealous."

 

"..."

 

Finding it somewhat difficult to express how genuinely heartwarming it was to see the two of them getting along so well, Yuto said teasingly.

 

As it was almost time for a bath, Yuto took out a change of clothes from the closet while he was talking. He suddenly felt Aoi's arms wrap around him from behind, pulling him into a warm embrace.

 

"Jealous? That's a cute thing to say."

 

"Uh... No, it's not like that."

 

"I also get a bit jealous when I see you and him talking so amicably. You became so close before I even knew it."

 

"Did we seem close? We were just having a normal conversation..."

 

"It's your fault for not realizing it. Yuto, you belong to me."

 

"Belong to you, huh?"

 

Aoi's words carried a hint of dependence, and his tone had a childlike quality. It was as if Yoji's influence had brought out a different side of him—less composed and more vulnerable. As Yuto chuckled softly, he adjusted his position within Aoi's arms and gazed up into his eyes, which held a faint trace of sulking.

 

"Master Aoi, you can say cute things, too."

 

"...Stop calling me cute."

 

"Were you also like this during high school?"

 

"Well, who knows?"

 

"You don't have to worry. I belong to Master Aoi. I won't ever belong to anyone else."

 

"...Yuto."

 

At Yuto's words, Aoi's expression gently relaxed. As Yuto was mesmerized by the beauty of his gentle smile, Aoi's hand slid around his waist.

 

"Even though I can see now, you're still preparing the bath for me. Yuto, you really like taking care of others."

 

"Oh, it's just a habit... "

 

"Well, while you're at it, how about washing my body too?"

 

"Your body... but you've been doing it yourself all along, haven't you?"

 

"Is that so?"

 

"Yes!"

 

Yuto blushed deeply and exclaimed, prompting Aoi to burst into laughter. Then, Aoi tightly embraced Yuto's figure, planting a kiss on the top of his head. Overwhelmed with this happiness that almost felt unbearable, Yuto couldn't help but tremble.

 

"Then today, I'll be washing Yuto."

 

"...Huh!? Th-That's... no, no way!! It's impossible!"

 

"Why not? It's a perfect opportunity. I've always wanted to get a good look at your body under the light of day."

 

"I-I don't need you to see it! I-I'll go back to my room now... Ah..."

 

"I won't let you go."

 

As Aoi playfully nibbled at Yuto's neck over his shirt, Yuto's legs went weak. Aoi supported Yuto with his strong arms and effortlessly held him in a horizontal embrace. Yuto, in a fluster, wriggled in his arms, but Aoi paid him no mind and headed towards the bathroom with light steps.



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me