Chapter 20 - Blindness

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well.

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





Ren's Unease

 

 

Yuto tidied himself up and stood by Aoi's side in the living room, waiting for Ren to return.

 

With his heart almost leaping out of his mouth due to nervousness, Yuto desperately tried to maintain a poker face, not wanting to reveal his inner turmoil. Aoi, sitting comfortably on the ivory sofa, observed Yuto's behavior and furrowed his brows, expressing concern.

 

"Yuto, you can rest in your room, you know?"

 

"N-No, I'll stay here. I just want Master Ren to be aware of my presence, even if it's just a little."

 

"Doesn't Brother already know about you?"

 

"Well... I don't think he remembers the faces of every servant. Besides, the last time we met, I was in my pajamas... He didn't seem too pleased with my appearance... So, I don't think he has a very good impression of me..."

 

It was the day when Suno had messed with the sleeping Aoi. Remembering Ren's cold gaze, Yuto shivered involuntarily. Aoi murmured, "Ah, so it's about that time," and gently tilted his head while averting his eyes slightly. He spoke in a serious tone.

 

"I'd like to see it too... Yuto wearing pajamas."

 

"Master Aoi, now is not the time for that."

 

"Well, there are still many things I haven't seen with my own eyes..."

 

"Why are you saying that with such a serious face?"

 

As they engaged in a relaxed conversation, they both felt a sense of relief. When Yuto chuckled slightly and let out a sigh, Aoi tilted his head and smiled softly, trying to ease Yuto's tension. Yuto felt happy at the thought that Aoi was trying to comfort him, so he shyly looked down to hide his embarrassment.

 

At that moment, the living room door opened.

 

Ren, dressed in a dark navy slim suit, entered the room while slightly out of breath.

 

Ren directly noticed Aoi, who had stood up slowly, and his vivid emerald eyes widened. As he looked, tears started to well up in his eyes, radiating a sparkling, golden hue.

 

"Aoi...!"

 

"Brother...?"

 

"That's right...! Ah... Aoi..."

 

Ren crossed in front of Yuto and walked straight toward Aoi. He tightly embraced his younger brother's body and cupped Aoi's cheeks in his palms, gazing intently into his azure eyes that shimmered with light.

 

Yuto had only ever seen Ren's cold expression. Ren's exquisitely beautiful and refined features that seemed almost surreal, along with his overwhelming presence, made Ren seem incredibly otherworldly.

 

But now, Ren, with his eyebrows furrowed as if holding back tears of joy, looked at Aoi with eyes filled with affection. His expression seemed remarkably human and warm.

 

"Aoi... Can you really see me?"

 

"I can... Brother... How many years has it been since I last saw your face?"

 

"You don't remember the face you saw when you were three years old, do you? Back then, I was only eight."

 

"I remember it clearly. Brother, I had never seen such a beautiful face like yours before."

 

"Hehe, this is how I look at twenty-five... Aoi... You've finally got your beautiful eyes back."

 

"Yeah. Bother... Thank you so much. For me..."

 

Aoi gently lifted his hand and traced Ren's face with his fingertips. He touched his deeply carved eyes, long eyelashes, high nose, and his red lips that curved into a gentle smile. As he ran his fingers through Ren's lustrous hair, a shade brighter than his own, Aoi's eyes glistened with overwhelming emotions.

 

"You've been working hard for my sake, haven't you? From now on, I'll be there for you, Brother."

 

"...Aoi."

 

Ren gently pressed his lips against Aoi's cheek and tightly embraced his younger brother's body. Aoi's arms also wrapped around Ren's back, and he nuzzled his cheek against Ren's shoulder, just like a young child seeking comfort from their older sibling. Even from a slightly distant spot, the sight of Ren and Aoi embracing made Yuto, who was observing them, unable to help but shed tears. The beautiful embrace between these siblings was so exquisite, it seemed otherworldly, and above all, it felt incredibly precious.

 

"Brother... Will you be staying in this house for a while?"

 

"Yeah, I'll work from here until your birthday party."

 

"I see..."

 

"There will be many important people from various fields attending the party. I'm looking forward to introducing you to everyone."

 

"I see..."

 

"This party will be attended by many dignitaries from all walks of life. I wished I could have introduced your partner at the same time..."

 

Ren slightly furrowed his brows and peered into Aoi's eyes. As the topic of a partner came up, Yuto's tension heightened instantly, and he clenched his trembling fist while holding his breath.

 

"Ayase aside, wasn't Suno suitable? Among the omegas I've introduced to you, I thought he had outstanding looks and a prestigious background. Besides, it seemed like he had been admiring you for a long time."

 

"...Brother, about that."

 

Aoi gently touched Ren's arm that was resting on his own and looked into his elder brother's eyes, which were slightly higher than his own. Yuto's tension reached its peak as the topic was finally brought up. Yuto clenched his trembling fist and held his breath, feeling as if his heart would leap out of his mouth.

 

"What if I told you I already have someone I want to be with?"

 

Contrary to Yuto's nervousness, Aoi's voice was very calm.

 

However, the moment those words reached Ren's ears, a coldness swept across his expression. Yuto tensed up at Ren's rigid expression and could only clench his fist, feeling powerless and praying silently.

 

"...I've told you countless times. I won't allow you to have a pair. If you have one, you'll only be able to engage in sexual activities with that person. You should be embracing many omegas; I can't allow such a thing."

 

"I've always been curious about something. Where is Brother's partner?"

 

"Huh...?"

 

"You've never once introduced them to me. I've never heard anything about you having a partner. If you say that we need children to carry on our bloodline, then Brother should have many partners as well."

 

"Why do I need to introduce my partner to you?"

 

Ren's tone suddenly became more forceful.

 

Yuto trembled with a start at Ren's voice which filled the air with tension.

 

However, Aoi continued to gaze at Ren with a sincere look in his eyes, not shifting his gaze. Unable to withstand Aoi's gaze, Ren averted his eyes.

 

"I'm busy protecting you and this household. I don't have time to deal with every omega's heat. But you still have two more years as a student. Once you start working, you won't have that kind of free time. Have children now while you still can."

 

"So, Brother, you don't have a designated partner, do you? If you tell me to have a partner, then Brother should..."

 

"...Shut up, be quiet!! You just have to obediently follow what I say!! Don't talk back!!"

 

With a pained expression distorting his sharp and refined face, Ren shouted fiercely. Aoi tightly sealed his lips, gazing up at his elder brother with eyes filled with uncertainty. As Ren's outburst caused a disheveled strand of his bangs to fall out of place, he swiftly brushed it aside. Observing his hand trembling ever so slightly, Yuto blinked his eyes subtly.

 

Haa, haa... While Ren's breathing became heavy, Aoi continued to look at him with calm eyes. Aoi's serenity seemed to further agitate Ren's unease.

 

"Brother... Is there something you're hiding from me?"

 

"...What do you mean?"

 

"I'm no longer just a little brother who needs to be protected. Even if there are things you can't tell others, I want you to tell me at least. Otherwise..."

 

"Aoi... I've had enough. But I won't allow you to have a pair. No matter who they are."

 

"Brother, wait. Listen to what I have to say."

 

"We're done talking. Aoi, there are mountains of responsibilities waiting for you. Romance and idealism have no place for a man of the Kunishiro family. Understand?"

 

"B-Brother...!"

 

Ren turned on his heels and tried to leave right in front of Aoi. However, someone suddenly appeared and blocked Ren's path through the wide-open living room door.

 

"...."

 

"I'm sorry. The door was open... I didn't intend to eavesdrop on your conversation."

 

Standing in front of Ren was Haruhito Mikado.

 

Seeing them side by side, it became apparent that Haruhito was slightly taller than Ren, and his physique was much more robust. Yuto had always thought that Ren's figure was larger. Perhaps it was because of Ren's intimidating aura.

 

Ren staggered back a step as if taken aback, and Haruhito, who had instinctively reached out a hand, quickly withdrew it. Ren promptly straightened his posture, and Haruhito stood at attention, his body tense, and his voice filled with nervousness.

 

"I apologize for intruding suddenly. Master Ren, I've been wanting to meet with you. I understand that you're busier than anyone else. However, I..."

 

"...Move aside."

 

"Huh...?"

 

"Just move out of the way. I don't have the luxury to entertain you right now."

 

Haruhito's gaze, fixed upon Ren as he spoke in a low voice, seemed to carry a hint of moisture, whether due to nervousness or longing. Yuto quietly approached Aoi's side and watched intently as the two of them faced each other.

 

"B-But... Regarding the financial assistance you provided us recently, I simply cannot let it go without expressing my gratitude."

 

"There's no need for you to thank me. I believed that the business you were involved in would bring prosperity to this country. That's why I provided my assistance, nothing more."

 

"Even so... I... I wanted to properly thank you. To meet with you and talk some more..."

 

"... "

 

With a touch of frustration permeating his dignified beauty, Ren let out a sigh and plunged his hands into his pockets. Then, with an intense gaze fixed on Haruhito, he uttered these words in a firm tone that brooked no argument.

 

"I told you to move aside!! I'm tired. Right now, I don't want to see anyone."

 

"Yes... I-I apologize."

 

Haruhito subconsciously straightened his back At Ren's outburst.

 

Leaving a faint trace of exquisite cologne in the air, Ren swiftly exited the living room.



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me