Chapter 18 - Blindness

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well.

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





Two Omegas

 

 

"What are you doing, Suno?"

 

"A... Aoi-kun..."

 

"Let go of Yuto."

 

Aoi forcefully pulled Suno to his feet using an undeniable strength to separate him from Yuto.

 

Released from the fear and pain that had been overwhelming his entire body, Yuto coughed violently, gasping for breath. Blood oozed from his bruised shoulder, staining his shirt a deep red. Yuto held his throat, which had been constricted, and stood up, looking up at Aoi. Aoi's eyes were filled with a burning anger as he glared at Suno.

 

Aoi forcefully pulled Suno's yukata collar, bringing him closer, and firmly grasped his cheek with his other hand. Suno's expression, as he locked eyes with Aoi at such close proximity, appeared intensely sorrowful and tightly strained.

 

Yuto's mouth was stained with blood from the injury, and his face was pale.

 

Suno, with dark circles beneath his eyes, looked like a demon.

 

As Aoi glared at Suno with a burning gaze, he suddenly blinked as if realizing something.

 

This sudden realization caused his hands, which were trembling with anger, to lose their strength.

 

"...I'm sorry."

 

"...Huh...?"

 

"I should have properly talked to you about it sooner."

 

"...Huh..."

 

When Aoi said that in a quiet voice, Suno's eyes filled with tears.

 

His words clearly indicated that there was something more than a physical relationship between him and Yuto.

 

Suno tightly pressed his lips together and forcefully pushed away Aoi's hand. A sharp slapping sound echoed through the pavilion.

 

"I see. So you two are in love..."

 

Suno adjusted the haori that was about to slip off his shoulders and fixed the hem of his disheveled kimono. He wiped the blood-stained corner of his mouth with his fist, trying to conceal the turmoil he had been displaying until now, and spoke with a calm and composed tone. However, tears continued to flow from Suno's eyes, showing no sign of stopping.

 

Aoi directed a calm gaze towards Suno and nodded deeply.

 

"...Yes, that's right."

 

"Huh... I see. But, you can't have children with a Beta, can you? Doesn't that mean he can't become your partner? Moreover, Master Ren would never allow such a thing."

 

"I intend to seek permission from my brother moving forward."

 

"Moving forward? But how do you plan to approach it? The disparity between an Alpha of the Kunishiro family and a Beta serving under him is evident to anyone."

 

"Yuto is an Omega. I want to be with him, no matter what."

 

In response to Suno's rapidly spoken words, which tried to cover up his torn pride, Aoi firmly declared with an unwavering tone. Suno's expression stiffened in an instant, as if witnessing something unbelievable, as he looked at Aoi.

 

"......What did you say?"

 

"M-Master Aoi!? Why!? Why bring that up now...?!"

 

Yuto involuntarily raised his voice as Aoi casually revealed these two secrets. Aoi folded their knees and sat beside Yuto, who was bleeding. He promptly pressed the towel that had fallen nearby against Yuto's wound and helped him sit on the bench.

 

"I'm sorry, Yuto. But... I feel like I shouldn't keep any more secrets from Suno."

 

"But..."

 

"An Omega... Why? Why would an Omega work as a servant...?"

 

Suno furrowed his brow and looked down at Yuto with a severe expression. Suno's intense gaze was filled with various emotions, weighing heavily on Yuto, who felt an instinctive urge to look away. However, sensing the importance of maintaining eye contact in this moment, Yuto gritted his teeth and met Suno's gaze head-on.

 

"...I had my own circumstances."

 

"So, you're saying that you used your pheromones to deceive Aoi? What the hell is that... pretending to be someone you're not and infiltrating the Kunishiro family? That's unbelievable! Were you trying to seduce Aoi, a blind man, and perhaps even planning to conceive his child in order to live comfortably here? Is that what you had in mind?"

 

"N-No... That's not it! I didn't come here with such intentions!"

 

Yuto couldn't help but shout those words in a hoarse voice. However, in his attempt to raise his voice suddenly, he started coughing violently again. Feeling the warmth of Aoi's hand gently rubbing his back, Yuto tightly pressed his aching throat. Amid the heavy silence, Aoi began to speak quietly.

 

"Suno, Yuto's only remaining family, his grandfather, fell ill, and he had to quit high school. That's why he started working here. Yuto's high school teacher happened to be a friend of my brother during his university days."

 

"..."

 

"He didn't come here with any sinister plans. He worked here while taking suppressants every day to hide the fact that he is an Omega."

 

"...What? He took that medicine every day? What a fool."

 

"...I know... But he had to earn money for his grandfather's medical expenses... And he thought he would be kicked out if they found out he was an Omega..."

 

"Why? Why would you go to such lengths to hide the fact that you're an Omega?"

 

"Well... because... isn't it obvious...?!"

 

In response to those words that showed a complete lack of understanding, something within Yuto snapped.

 

Yuto stared up at Suno, his eyes burning with determination.

 

"You seem to take pride in being an omega, but I'm different!! I always thought I was just an ordinary beta, living my life as such, and suddenly I went into heat!! My heart, my body, everything changed as if it wasn't even mine anymore...! Because of that, I had to give up my way of life, the future I had imagined, and all the relationships I had built... I had to throw them all away!!"

 

"Yuto..."

 

A bewildered expression appeared on Aoi's face as he listened to Yuto, who had opened up about his suffering, revealing everything he hadn't even told him yet. Yuto's lips trembled with anguish. But as memories of the time when he was crushed by unjustified anxiety and fear resurfaced, he couldn't contain the emotions welling up from deep within his chest.

 

"I just wanted to live as a regular man!! Things like pheromones and getting pregnant as a man, it's just not something I can suddenly accept!! That's why I took the medication and fought desperately to preserve this life!! But..."

 

Yuto looked at Aoi, who was standing beside him. Aoi wore a melancholic expression, his gaze fixed on Yuto. When their eyes, filled with sorrow, met in the beautiful, dimming azure of Aoi's gaze, Yuto felt a surge of emotions that made him want to cry.

 

The words Yuto had just spoken might have sounded like a denial of his longing for Aoi. Aoi must have been hurt, without a doubt.

 

Yuto gazed straight into Aoi's eyes and continued.

 

"But I... I fell in love with Master Aoi. Before I knew it, I wanted to stay by your side more than anyone else. Not because you're an alpha or I'm an omega, but because of your kindness, Master Aoi... I..."

 

Yuto suddenly snapped back to reality and cut off his words.

 

I feel incredibly happy and blessed to have been chosen by Aoi, the person who captured my heart. But at the same time, I can't shake off this gnawing sense of unease, as if my whole world might just fall apart...

 

As he looked at Suno whose eyes brimmed with sorrow, Yuto found himself unable to utter such words.

 

With a slightly vexed expression, Sono kept his arms folded, observing Aoi who wore a pained look. He then quietly questioned him.

 

"Aoi-kun, did you realize that he was an omega?"

 

"Halfway through... But even before that, I was already drawn to Yuto."

 

"...Why? Weren't you just captivated by his omega pheromones?"

 

"I won't deny that. I actually really liked Yuto's scent. Until I regained my sight, I mostly relied on my sense of smell to identify people."

 

"...His scent, huh. So, you didn't like mine?"

 

"That's right... When my brother mentioned you as a potential partner, I couldn't help but be aware of you. But... There was something different about your scent."

 

"So you couldn't regard me as a potential sexual partner, huh?"

 

"That's how it is."

 

"..."

 

Upon hearing Aoi's words, Suno closed his eyes and bowed his head. He scratched his forehead with his white fingertips and let out a long sigh.

 

"What the heck... I got carried away on my own... How foolish of me..."

 

"I'm truly sorry. I..."

 

"Ah, forget it. Just don't say anything anymore. It will only make me feel worse. After hearing this... I don't even know what to make of it anymore."

 

Suno raised his hand lightly towards Aoi and shook his head. With a tinge of resignation in his eyes, Suno lowered his gaze, scratching his forehead again.

 

"Now, I don't know anymore. Was I just seeking a connection with the Kunishiro family, or did I genuinely like you, Aoi-kun... I don't know anymore."

 

"Suno..."

 

"...But well, maybe what I aiming for was a strong alpha partner and a child who would inherit those genes. Not just for the Konishiro family, but also for the Suno family. I must leave behind a capable successor... That's the mission entrusted to me."

 

Suno spoke slowly, his tone noticeably different from before. It seemed as if he was trying to convince himself. Yuto held his breath as he carefully listened to Suno.

 

"I'm turning twenty-two this year. Do you have any idea why they would make someone like me the head of the Suno family at this age?"

 

"Uh... Well, I don't know. Maybe because you're skilled at dancing?"

 

Suddenly, Suno directed that question to Yuto, who answered hesitantly. Suno shook his head nonchalantly and spoke in a self-deprecating manner.

 

"My family lineage always bore many omegas. It's usually an Omega who inherits the family position. Being born as such, what is expected of me above all else is to receive the seed of an outstanding Alpha. If I have a prestigious title, it's easier to catch the eyes of exceptional alphas, right? So, I wasn't given the opportunity to carry the family name early on."

 

"Is that so...?"

 

"Yes. I often hear that my talent is recognized because I can captivate clients with my Omega pheromones. Nobody sees me as just Suno Masami. For them, talent doesn't matter."

 

"I've been on the verge of being attacked by influential Alpha clients more than once or twice. But they say it's my own fault. In fact, I'm even blamed for rejecting those alphas. I have to protect myself... That's why I've also mastered martial arts. Although I've always had a passion for dancing, it's not enough in this world. ...I've put in a lot of effort... to come this far."

 

Tightened his fists, Suno suppressed his emotions. The tears that had been streaming from his eyes just moments ago were no longer visible.

 

"I don't want to lose to anyone... That's why I wanted to carry the blood of the Konishiro family no matter what. Which feeling came first, that desire or my personal attachment to Aoi-kun... I don't know anymore."

 

Yuto pondered Suno's unique path as an Omega, contrasting it with his own journey and life experiences.

 

The path he had taken and its meaning were entirely different.

 

However, Yuto painfully empathized with Suno's feelings.

 

He also wished for others to see him as himself before questioning his existence as an omega.

 

"Well, I won't stoop so low as to secretly inform Master Ren. So, do your best."

 

Suno clapped his hands as if aiming to change the atmosphere, then placed his hands in his pockets and smiled. It was his customary expression, yet now, having heard his words, that radiant smile appeared as a facade, a shield to safeguard his true self.

 

Yuto wanted to say something to Suno, but he couldn't find the right words. Suno's life was incomparably heavier and harsher than his. He hesitated because he felt that simple words wouldn't reach him.

 

"I'll attend Aoi-kun's twentieth birthday party. You better watch my dance then. It's nerve-wracking to showcase my talent in front of Aoi-kun, but I'll do my best."

 

As Suno, still wearing his forced smile, made his way to leave the gazebo, Aoi's hand suddenly reached out. Silently rising to his feet, Aoi firmly grasped Suno's shoulder, preventing him from walking away.

 

Suno turned around in surprise, looking up at Aoi. Aoi kept his hand on Suno's shoulder and spoke in a resolute voice.

 

"I already saw your performance while I was in the hospital. After finishing my examination, and as I passed by the lounge, your performance was being broadcasted on television. The patients in the room were all captivated by your dance."

 

"Huh...?"

 

"To be honest, I still don't fully understand the nuances of traditional performing arts. But whether you were dancing as a woman or as a man, I thought it was incredibly beautiful."

 

"Huh...? N-No way, it's not like... It's not like I need comforting or anything."

 

"It's not about comforting you! To be able to captivate people like that through a mere video, there's no doubt that you have talent. Besides, it even caught my brother's attention. Your performance is undoubtedly authentic."

 

"Ah..."

 

Listening to Aoi's words, Suno's expression began to soften. The tension between his eyebrows eased, and his eyes, which had been slanted, relaxed, gazing blankly at Aoi.

 

As a single tear trickled down Suno's cheek, it seemed to jolt him back to reality. Hastily wiping away his cheek, he offered a gentle, bashful smile.

 

"What... What's that? It's unfair... Saying that just after rejecting me."

 

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry..."

 

"Hehe... No, that was a lie. I'm really happy... Thank you, Aoi-kun."

 

 

Seeing Suno's tearful yet smiling expression, Yuto couldn't help but find it truly beautiful.

 

The scent of roses, carried by the gentle spring breeze, delicately filled the air inside the pavilion.



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me