Chapter 24 - Blindness

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well.

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





The Celebration Begins

 

 

As the sky began to darken, the guests started to arrive at the Kunishiro Mansion.

 

The grand hall of the mansion was located behind the private residence where Aoi and the others lived. It had a vast lawn garden that embraced a small hill and a lake. Not only the hall but also the garden was designed for the comfort of the guests, with comfortable benches, small tables, and lamps emitting a soft glow.

 

From the dazzlingly lit party room, one could overlook the garden and catch sight of the first evening star in the gradually shifting sky, from fiery crimson to deep indigo. The white lamps scattered throughout the lush green grass illuminated the scene, and the shimmering beauty of the night sky reflected in the quietly rippling lake. The sight of elegantly dressed alpha men and women leisurely strolling through the garden was truly a graceful spectacle.

 

In a corner of the spacious hall where people were starting to gather, Yuto was preparing the champagne glasses while contemplating whether it was time for him to retreat to the back. In the still sparsely occupied hall, alpha men and women of various ages were engaged in lively conversations here and there, but no one seemed to pay much attention to Yuto diligently working near the tables along the wall.

 

I didn't expect Master Aoi to be so worried.

 

While contemplating such thoughts, Yuto gently reached for his own neck. Whenever he felt the touch of the collar beneath the neatly buttoned shirt and tightly tied ascot tie, his heart would race with excitement. Suppressing the urge to break into a smile, Yuto straightened his posture.

 

"Good evening."

 

"Ah!"

 

Suddenly, a voice called out from behind, startling Yuto. With teary eyes, he turned around and saw Masami Suno standing there, dressed in a black kimono and a dark gray hakama. His long hair was tightly tied up high, revealing his neatly shaped forehead, and Suno appeared unusually dignified.

 

"M-Master Suno... G-Good evening."

 

As the memories flooded back, he couldn't help but recall that day. Suno's gaze upon the hesitant Yuto carried a subtle hint of shadow, as if harboring a hidden sorrow.

 

Maybe he would once again be scolded and criticized. But Yuto gathered his composure and faced Suno head-on.

 

However, Suno lowered his head and spoke in a soft voice.

 

"I'm sorry about the other day."

 

"...Huh?"

 

"That... I snapped at you."

 

"Eh... N-No! I'm perfectly fine now, please, lift your head!"

 

"...I sincerely apologize."

 

Suno raised his face, wearing a remorseful expression, and gazed intently at Yuto. After letting out a small sigh, Suno lightly pulled Yuto's arm and led him towards the garden.

 

"Master Suno, um..."

 

"To be honest, I still haven't forgiven you. But... Aoi-kun chose you. I don't have the right to say anything."

 

"...I'm sorry."

 

"No need to apologize. It actually provided me with a valuable opportunity to reconsider various matters."

 

"Various matters?"

 

"Yes."

 

Suno clasped his hands behind his back and looked up at the deep indigo-colored night sky. Yuto gazed at his well-shaped profile, recalling Suno's intense gaze when he had approached him.

 

"Regardless of anything, I still think Aoi-kun is the one I love. But now, I no longer feel the urgency to desperately figure out how to be with him. I feel a bit more at ease."

 

"...Is that so?"

 

"Yes, I was in a hurry. I was also pressured from above to quickly produce a successor. Although Aoi-kun had rejected my advances, I wondered if there was a way to pursue him forcefully, even in his blind state, perhaps by using some sort of heat-inducing drug. It was a rather despicable way of thinking."

 

"...I see."

 

"But Aoi-kun, even without relying on his eyesight, was able to discern his partner by scent alone. From the beginning, it was impossible for us, but I couldn't give up hope and kept on chasing after Aoi-kun. "

 

"Yes..."

 

"Well, I've already made up my mind. I'm not going to dwell on the issues of finding a partner or producing a successor for a while. I'm tired of that kind of talk."

 

"Yes, I understand."

 

"For now, I want to focus on my dancing career. I actually have quite a few disciples. I need to consider them as well."

 

Suno said so and smiled at Yuto for the first time. His graceful and elegant smile was beautiful, and Yuto couldn't help but be captivated by it.

 

"That's how it is. I'll support you both. We're both omegas, so feel free to consult with me about anything."

 

"Ah... Yes! Thank you very much!"

 

"I hope you're not taking any strange medications anymore."

 

"No, I've stopped taking them. But today, I was told to take pheromone suppressants."

 

"I suppose that's necessary. I'm also taking something strong today."

 

"Yeah, you're right."

 

"That's true. I'll be dancing in front of those alphas. If I were to start releasing pheromones like crazy, this party won't be able to go on."

 

"Oh, I see."

 

"I need to captivate those alphas with my dancing technique rather than my pheromones. Otherwise, I can't call myself the head of the Suno school."

 

"Wow... Master Suno, what you just said was so cool."

 

While looking into the distance, Suno spoke with a confident tone, and Yuto genuinely thought he was impressive. Suno looked at Yuto with a slightly surprised expression and smiled, revealing his white teeth.

 

"Haha, what's that? You're quite amusing."

 

"Huh? Ah, I'm sorry..."

 

"No, no, I'm complimenting you. You seem to be an honest person. At least, you didn't grow up to be a twisted omega like me."

 

"Oh, no! The environment Master Suno has lived in and my humble lifestyle are completely different..."

 

"Well, that's true. No matter where you live, omegas will always face hardships in life. But if you're lucky enough to become Aoi-kun's partner, your life is likely to undergo a significant transformation."

 

"I... Is that so?"

 

"Well, alright then. You can have Aoi Kunishiro all to yourself. So you should live your life with the determination to overcome any hardship."

 

"Yes, I will!"

 

With a firm tap on the back, Yuto instinctively straightened his posture. Suno looked toward the grand hall and lightly patted Yuto's shoulder.

 

"Take a look, Aoi-kun is here."

 

"Ah..."

 

When Yuto turned around, Aoi and Ren were coming out onto the dance floor together.

 

Aoi was neatly dressed in a jacket, entertaining the guests alongside Ren. His tall figure stood out even in the glamorous party, and Yuto's eyes were inevitably drawn to him.

 

Wearing a short indigo jacket with a pale blue bow tie around his collar, Aoi looked incredibly dazzling, emitting a radiant aura. His expression was sharper compared to when he was with Yuto earlier, and his smiling posture was more elegant than anyone else's.

 

Standing next to him, Ren wore a chic black tuxedo. As the host of the party celebrating his younger brother's birthday, he had a modest demeanor. The expression with which he introduced Aoi was filled with pride.

 

Both Ren and Aoi had a rather reserved demeanor. However, their beauty as the Kunishiro brothers surpassed that of any other alpha, regardless of the color of their attire, and they exuded an overwhelming presence.

 

Could someone like that be my pair? Is it really okay...?

 

Yuto's heart was filled with doubts as he gazed at Aoi from a distance. Despite having just been encouraged by Suno, Yuto sighed deeply, shaking his head.

 

"Oh, Yuto-kun, you look particularly dashing today."

 

At that moment, Haruhito Mikado came out from the garden. Mikado, too, was dressed in a stylish black tuxedo, with his black hair neatly arranged. Yuto immediately bowed lightly in greeting.

 

"Thank you very much. Master Mikado, you look incredibly glamorous as well."

 

"Is that so? Thanks. Hm?"

 

"This is Master Suno. He is the head of the Suno school of Japanese dance."

 

"I see. It's quite impressive for someone so young."

 

"Nice to meet you."

 

While Suno and Mikado exchanged a brief handshake, they observed each other with a scrutinizing gaze. Yuto had the sudden thought, "Could these two fall in love with each other?" and nervously watched their expressions. However, they didn't seem particularly interested in each other and quickly let go of each other's hands. Yuto felt disappointed.

 

"You're an Omega, huh? I see, seems like you'd be popular."

 

"Well, thank you. Mr. Mikado, you're exuding a strong Alpha presence, so I'm sure you're popular too."

 

"Not really... Sometimes, I wish I were an omega."

 

"Oh? Is that so?"

 

Taking advantage of Suno and Mikado engaging in a rather relaxed conversation, Yuto quietly decided to return to his work.



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me