Chapter 13 - Blindness

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well.

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





Tell Me

 

 

Two days had passed, and all the tubes that had been connected to his body were removed. He was once again able to move around on his own two feet.

 

Since he was granted permission to bathe as long as he didn't wet his face, Aoi, with Yuto's assistance, could finally wash away the accumulated sweat from the past few days in the shower room of the hospital ward.

 

Ever since that night, Aoi had started to feel a slight resistance to undressing in front of Yuto. But because he had to protect his eyes, he decided to let Yuto help him with washing his hair.

 

It was the first time for Aoi to have his hair washed by Yuto, and Yuto seemed cheerful throughout, asking questions like, "Does it itch anywhere?" or "Is the water temperature okay?" As Aoi thought that soon he wouldn't have the opportunity to have Yuto take care of his daily needs like this anymore, and while it was a good thing, it also left him with a bittersweet feeling.

 

Aoi put on the bathrobe that was handed to him and settled on the stool under Yuto's guidance. Yuto briskly dried Aoi's hair with a slightly coarse hospital towel while softly humming a tune.

 

"You seem in a good mood, Yuto."

 

"Huh? Oh, um... sorry, it's just that, well, this is my first time doing this, and it's fun."

 

"Washing my hair?"

 

"Well, I used to have a dog back home. It's not here anymore, but this reminded me of those days... Oh, sorry!! I didn't mean to compare you to a dog or anything, Master Aoi!"

 

"Hahaha, it's fine. If you're enjoying it that much, I wouldn't mind getting my hair shampooed by you from now on."

 

"I'm sorry...! I didn't mean to say something disrespectful..."

 

"It's okay. If Yuto is having fun, then I'm happy too. Just do it the way you like."

 

"Sigh..."

 

As Yuto's touch suddenly became more careful, Aoi couldn't help but smile again. Yuto gave a wry smile, removed the towel from Aoi's head, and gently adjusted the edge of the elongated gauze that covered his eyes with his fingertips.

 

"...Um, you're fine. It didn't come off."

 

"I feel like it's already fine. My headache has subsided, but my eyes feel a bit itchy..."

 

"Really? I'll let the doctor know."

 

"Ah, no worries. Just let them know during the next check-up. Ahh, I feel so much better. It was uncomfortable sweating so much and feeling nauseous from the painkillers."

 

"It's great that you feel better! Oh, should I use the hairdryer?"

 

"I don't usually use it... but if Yuto wants to, then go ahead."

 

"Huh!? No, it's not like I..."

 

Yuto behind him seemed visibly flustered, and thinking that he would soon be able to see his face made Aoi feel a sense of anticipation. Perhaps it was because he washed away the sweat that he now felt refreshed, and as a result, his mood was unusually radiant and his body incredibly light. Aoi stood up and asked Yuto, "Where is the window?"

 

"Oh, I'll show you. It's on the other side of the bed and shelf, a little bit tricky to reach."

 

"Alright, thanks."

 

As Aoi reached out his hand, Yuto gently took hold of it. Normally, Aoi's hand would be led to Yuto's shoulder right away, but this time, Yuto cupped Aoi's hand with both hands and slowly guided him towards the window. It wasn't a long distance to cover, but there was something oddly delightful about it, and Aoi couldn't help but smile softly.

 

"The weather is nice. It's... 2 PM. Maybe we can go out for a walk until dinner."

 

"Yeah, sounds good."

 

"Should I open the window? I think there will be a nice breeze."

 

"Oh, please do."

 

Aoi reached out and touched the window glass. It felt smooth and inorganic, yet it carried a subtle warmth since it had absorbed the afternoon sunlight. The sound of Yuto opening the window was followed by a soft spring breeze drifting in. Aoi took a deep breath, wanting to fill his chest with the calm afternoon air.

 

"...Feels good."

 

"Unfortunately, the cherry blossoms have already fallen. They were so beautiful this year."

 

"I see. What color were the cherry blossoms again?"

 

"Probably a pale pink or a light white... something like that. They had such beautiful colors."

 

"I don't remember the colors very well now, but I'll get to see them soon."

 

"Yes. Ah, by the way, Master Aoi, your hair color is also beautiful. It shines brilliantly in the sunlight and looks very pretty."

 

"My hair?"

 

"Yes. Since it's just been washed, it's still a bit damp, making it even more sparkling than usual..."

 

Aoi sensed Yuto's hand reaching up from below and the gentle touch of his fingers lightly brushing against the hair above his ear.

 

Aoi grabbed that hand unconsciously and gently guided it to his lips. He placed a tender kiss on Yuto's fingertips that carried the scent of shampoo, causing Yuto to let out a small "Ah..." in response.

 

I want to see it now, Yuto's face. What expression is Yuto making while looking at me? What expression did he have when receiving that kiss...

 

Once he had that thought, Aoi couldn't bear it any longer. Without hesitation, he placed his fingers on the long gauze covering his eyes. And with one swift motion, he peeled off the gauze.

 

"Ugh...!"

 

"Master Aoi...!!"

 

His eyes were overwhelmed by the dazzling brightness.

 

It was a world filled with light, far beyond anything he could have imagined from the dimness he had inhabited until now.

 

The unobstructed sunlight was too stimulating, and Aoi covered his eyes with one hand, staggering slightly.

 

"Master Aoi! You shouldn't expose your eyes to direct sunlight all of a sudden...!"

 

"...The sun..."

 

"Are you alright!? I'll close the curtains!"

 

Before Yuto could finish speaking, the sound of the curtains being pulled shut could be heard. The sunlight piercing through his eyelids eased a bit, and Aoi let out a small sigh.

 

"...Honestly, what's gotten into you all of a sudden?"

 

"Yuto..."

 

"Yes?"

 

"...Come here."

 

While still covering his eyes with one hand, Aoi reached out, and Yuto immediately took his hand. Then, Yuto stood in front of Aoi, leaning against the window and making a subtle movement as if peering into Aoi's face.

 

As Aoi slowly opened his eyelids, he caught a glimpse of black slacks from below his fingertips.

 

The cream-colored floor of the hospital room, a black vest, a white shirt... Aoi's eyes vaguely captured those colors. It had been sixteen years since he had seen such colors. Aoi blinked his eyes and held his breath.

 

"Master Aoi...?"

 

In response to Yuto's worried voice, Aoi slowly lowered his arm.

 

His eyes reflected the appearance of the young boy standing before him.

 

"...Yuto."

 

Yuto's eyes, looking up at Aoi from up close, met his gaze.

 

Yuto's soft light brown eyes were firmly fixed on him.

 

At that moment, Aoi felt a strange sensation coursing through his entire body.

 

His heart, his instincts, his physical being... every aspect of his being was heightened in a way he had never experienced before. He yearned for Yuto's presence. Aoi couldn't tear his eyes away from Yuto's gaze.

 

While Yuto, motionless, continued to gaze at him.

 

Yuto's widely open eyes quickly became moist, tears welling up at the corners. Aoi lifted his slightly trembling hand, wanting to feel the tears running down Yuto's round cheeks.

 

Aoi's fingers traced Yuto's face in a familiar motion. The smooth brown hair, the upturned eyelashes, the pointed nose, the smooth cheeks. And the lips that he had kissed countless times that night—soft, rosy, and irresistibly tender.

 

"...Ah... Yuto..."

 

"Master Aoi... You can see... me?"

 

"Yes, I can. Your face... I can see it clearly."

 

"Wah... Really...? Master Aoi..."

 

Yuto's countenance exceeded all his expectations, exuding an exquisitely endearing allure. With tears streaming down his face and his lips quivering ever so slightly, he exuded a captivating cuteness that stirred a fluttering sensation within Aoi's being. Aoi gently cradled Yuto's cheeks in both hands, tenderly wiping away the tears that flowed incessantly with his thumb.

 

"Why are you crying?"

 

"Because... Because... You're really... looking at me through your own eyes..."

 

Yuto sobbed and cried, burying his wet face in Aoi's chest. Their bodies pressed against each other, his fragile waist and back fitting perfectly in the palm of Aoi's hand as Yuto buried his face in his chest, his shoulders trembling faintly. The gentle warmth radiating from Yuto's presence filled Aoi's heart with overwhelming affection.

 

"Yuto."

 

When Aoi called his name, Yuto raised his tear-stained face. With furrowed brows and eyes reddened from crying, Yuto looked up at Aoi. Seeing the raw vulnerability in Yuto's tear-stained face, so close and unguarded, Aoi could no longer hold back. The surge of emotions overwhelmed him, and any semblance of restraint faded away.

 

Aoi embraced Yuto even tighter and pressed a gentle kiss on Yuto's tear-stained lips.

 

He enveloped Yuto's moist, warm lips, softly tasting them, and Yuto obediently parted his lips, responding to Aoi's kiss.

 

It was a sweet, melting kiss.

 

Yuto's saliva tasted like nectar. Aoi was enticed by the sweetness of Yuto's scent that enveloped his entire body. As Aoi tightened his embrace around Yuto, Yuto's arms timidly entwined around Aoi's back. Being accepted in such a way made Aoi feel happy and cherished, and tears welled up in his eyes as well.

 

Thus, Aoi made up his mind.

 

Yuto was the Omega that he was meant to be with.

 

"I love you, Yuto."

 

"Huh...?"

 

"I love you. The reason I held you that day wasn't just because of your heat or any other reason. I've always wanted to touch you, to... hold you."

 

"Ah, Master Aoi..."

 

"I want to be with you. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else but you."

 

"T-That's..."

 

Upon hearing Aoi's words, Yuto's eyes widened in surprise. He wriggled out of Aoi's embrace, swaying unsteadily, shaking his head weakly. His moist lips trembled as he said in a pained voice, "That... that cannot be allowed!"

 

"I... someone like me, becoming Master Aoi's partner, it's impossible! You're from the Kunishiro family! I'm just a mere servant, hiding the fact that I'm an omega to stay here by your side! I'm neither beautiful nor capable like Mr. Suno and the others! I only have my grandfather as family, and I have no prestigious background..."

 

"Yuto."

 

As Yuto shouted out those words as if spitting out blood. Aoi slowly approached Yuto, closing the distance between them. Yuto, retreating and pressing his back against the wall, watched as Aoi extended his hand directly towards him.

 

Enclosing Yuto against the wall with both arms, Aoi gently kissed Yuto's forehead. Yuto's body trembled slightly, and he looked up at Aoi with a pained expression.

 

"Yuto, please. Forget about status and lineage for now. I want to know Yuto's feelings, your true feelings."

 

"But...!"

 

"The words you told me that night, were they a lie?"

 

"...That..."

 

"I love you, Yuto. I want to be by your side forever, from now on."

 

"..."

 

"Yuto... please tell me. I want you, your everything...!"

 

Aoi poured his feelings into Yuto's ear, cornering him against the wall. However, Yuto, trembling slightly, tightly sealed his lips and closed his eyes firmly.

 

Feeling anxious that he may have been too forceful, Aoi drew back slightly. He realized he might have frightened and burdened Yuto in his single-mindedness. His own clumsiness and inadequacy overwhelmed him, and a sigh escaped his lips, tinged with a deep sense of regret.

 

"...I'm sorry. It must be difficult to hear something like this out of the blue."

 

"Ah..."

 

"I need to cool my head a bit. I'm being too desperate... I'm sorry."

 

Aoi tried to distance himself from Yuto, but then he heard Yuto muttering something in a soft voice.

 

"Hm? Did you say something?"

 

"...you... I..."

 

"...Huh?"

 

Yuto lifted his face and looked at Aoi.

 

Once again, their gazes met, locking onto each other with unwavering intensity.

 

"Oh... I love you too... Master Aoi...! I've always, always loved you...!"

 

"Yuto..."

 

"I've always wished to be chosen by you... It was a dream that seemed impossible, so I convinced myself to give up from the beginning. However, I couldn't help it... I love you... love you so much..."

 

Yuto took one step, then another, as he approached Aoi. Aoi immediately closed the distance between them and tightly embraced Yuto.

 

"I want you too, Master Aoi...! I don't want to give myself to anyone else...!"

 

Yuto's choked voice resonated directly within Aoi's being. Aoi held Yuto tightly, wanting to embrace all of Yuto's overflowing emotions, and closed his eyes.

 

A single tear streamed down Aoi's pale cheek.



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me