Chapter 11 - Blindness

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well.

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





Aoi's Friend

 

 

And the next day, Aoi checked into the hospital in preparation for the surgery scheduled for the day after.

 

Yuto woke him up at the usual time, and when he finally got ready and sat down to eat breakfast, he felt someone else's presence sitting beside him. Aoi rested his cheek on his hand, suspecting that it was because of this person that Yuto seemed unusually flustered. Then, perhaps out of consideration, Yuto said, "I'll go check on the kitchen," before leaving the dining room.

 

The dining room boasted an entire wall adorned with a grand bay window, allowing ample natural light to flood the space. The ceiling reached impressive heights, lending an air of openness and grandeur. The flooring, in soothing shades, was adorned with a subtle woven pattern, adding a touch of elegance. The walls were tastefully covered in ivory wallpaper, creating a serene ambiance. In one corner, a meticulously polished sideboard gleamed in a rich amber hue, its glass doors showcasing an array of small bottles of liquor, each adorned with intricate characters.

 

Aoi's memories of this room were still vivid in his mind. The large window, through which the morning sun shone in comfortably, was always polished to a fine shine. Aoi clearly remembered the beautiful view of the garden you could see from there.

 

"Suno, I know you're here?"

 

"Oh, how did you notice?"

 

"I could tell by your presence and scent. Your kimono smells of sandalwood, right? It's a fragrance I wouldn't encounter in this mansion."

 

"I thought you could smell my pheromones."

 

He felt Suno approaching him with cautious steps from the far end of the large table. His footsteps were quiet, almost silent, unlike the sound of leather shoes on the floor.

 

"Aoi, when you regain your sight, please take a good look at me."

 

"I'm sorry... but your smell doesn't appeal to me."

 

"You might change your mind once you see how I look, right? It may sound somewhat boastful, but I must admit that I have quite an alluring face and body."

 

Suno's fingertips gently brushed against Aoi's hand on the table. Unlike the other times, it was a reserved gesture. The slightly cold fingertips lightly glided over Aoi's index finger.

 

"Can't you try to hold me... just once?"

 

"As I've said before, I..."

 

"The truth is, I want your child. I want to merge with your exquisite Alpha lineage. I truly believe that the merging of the Kunihiro and Suno bloodlines will give birth to a remarkable offspring."

 

"..."

 

"I am the Omega who deserves to stand by your side, Aoi-kun. I'm a well-known figure and the perfect companion to show off you in public."

 

"That kind of thing..."

 

"Think it over. I'm being serious here."

 

After firmly stating his intentions, Suno gently took hold of Aoi's hand. He then felt a soft and moist sensation on his fingertips. As soon as he realized that it was Suno's lips, his left hand was already securely enveloped in the other's palms.

 

"I won't ask you to become my mate... but I have no desire to be held by another man. I'll devote myself entirely to you."

 

"Suno..."

 

"Well then, I'll come to visit you in the hospital after my morning tour ends. See you later."

 

Without waiting for Aoi's response, Suno left with a pleasant parting remark.

 

Aoi felt a lingering scent of sandalwood in the place where Yuto had touched him, leaving him unsettled.

 

+

 

"Did you have a conversation with Mr. Suno?"

 

In the car on the way to the hospital, Yuto was nonchalantly informing him about his schedule during his stay at the hospital. However, as he got out of the car and was pushing Aoi's wheelchair through the hospital, Yuto suddenly asked that question.

 

"...Well, not exactly... Uh..."

 

Suno, who was usually carefree and difficult to read, had a serious tone in the morning, which carried some weight. Aoi didn't know how to explain it to Yuto and found himself stumbling over his words. Then, as if Yuito was startled , he said:

 

"I-I'm sorry for being presumptuous..."

 

"No, I don't mind... It was just a casual morning greeting."

 

"I see."

 

Yuto responded briefly and then resumed describing the surrounding scenery for Aoi as if nothing had happened. He mentioned that there were fewer people today, that the hospital was quite empty, and that the sky was a bit cloudy. He also mentioned the garden outside the window, suggesting that it might be nice to take a stroll. He kept going on like that for a while, in a slightly less energetic tone.

 

At times like this, Aoi wished he could say something clever and casual. However, he lacked knowledge about romantic matters.

 

While Aoi could read pure literature written in braille, all of those works were classical, making it difficult for him to acquire real-life knowledge. One might suggest that he simply watch romantic dramas on television for a convenient source of information, but as a young heir from a respectable family, Aoi had rarely been exposed to such things.

 

It"s so frustrating... I long to see Yuitsu's expression. What kind of face is he making right now?

 

Aoi was so curious about Yuto's expression that he missed the days when he didn't rely on sight to understand the thoughts of the other. Moreover, if he could see Yuto with his own eyes, he was sure that a multitude of revelations would unfold.

 

The moment he would see Yuto, it'll all become clear.

 

That Yuto was meant to be his.

 

"Say, Yuto..."

 

Just as he was about to call out to Yuto, he sensed someone stopping nearby. Immediately after, a familiar voice reached his ears.

 

"Oh? Aoi?"

 

"Huh...?"

 

"It's me, Haruhito Mikado!"

 

Aoi finally recognized tha voice. The man, who introduced himself as Mikado, approached Aoi, knelt in front of his wheelchair, and gently took Aoi's hand in his own.

 

Haruhito Mikado was one of Aoi's friends from high school.

 

As a matter of fact, Aoi attended a renowned private school that provided education from middle school all the way to university. Although he was still enrolled in university, Aoi was receiving special education at home, which resulted in an exemption from certain lectures. As a result, Aoi only needed to go to the university once or twice a week.

 

During middle school, Aoi had a personal servant always by his side to assist him with his student life. Due to this, Aoi had trouble making friends. Or perhaps he was hindered by the name of the Kunishiro family, which was so famous.

 

However, by the time he reached his second year of high school, Aoi had made a few close friends.

 

They understood Aoi's difficulties as a blind person and his family situation, they did not flinch at the intimidating servant who acted as both an assistant and a guard. They would casually hang out with him anyway. All of these friends were Alpha from prestigious families, and Mikado was one of them.

 

Mikado had a lively and energetic voice. Aoi thought he was easy to get along with, as always exuded confidence and charisma, and was bright, cheerful, and straightforward.

 

Mikado didn't go on to university, but instead took over the position of president from his father. The Mikado family had been the main contractor for offshore oil and natural gas drilling for three generations. However, since Haruhito Mikado became president, the company changed its name to "MDC" (Mikado Drilling Contractor) and reportedly turned around decades of declining performance, earning substantial profits.

 

He didn't expect to run into the busy Haruhito here at the hospital... Aoi frowned before asking:

 

"Haruhito, why are you here?"

 

"My sister gave birth in this hospital, so I came to see the baby's face. What about you?"

 

"I... I'm here to have eye surgery."

 

"Eye surgery? Oh? So that means you'll be able to see again?"

 

"Yeah. If all goes well, probably."

 

"Really!? That's amazing, congratulations!"

 

"Don't be so quick to congratulate me. The surgery is about to start, and there's no guarantee of success."

 

Don't be so pessimistic, It will definitely succeed. Hmm? And who's this?"

 

Haruhito's interest seemed to have shifted towards Yuto. Yuto politely introduced himself and answered in a servant-like tone, "I am responsible for taking care of Master Aoi's daily needs."

 

"I see. You're quite young. How old are you?"

 

"I'm eighteen."

 

"Well, good for you, Aoi. You have a personal assistant close to your age."

 

"Yeah, he's been a great help."

 

"In middle school, your personal assistant was in their sixties, right? Or were they even older? It must have been hard to relate to them..."

 

"Heh, that's right."

 

Mikado happily shared stories from Aoi's high school days with Yuto. Mikado's frank and lively storytelling made Yuto laugh out loud from time to time.

 

"It's so fascinating. I've never heard about Master Aoi's high school days before."

 

"Huh? Is that so? How long have you been with Aoi?"

 

"It's been a little over a year."

 

"So, after graduating from high school, huh? I'll tell you more stories anytime you want. Aoi was quite popular."

 

"Really? Well, I can imagine."

 

"Haha, you really like your master."

 

Yuto was also taking faster than usual. He seemed to truly enjoy this conversation with Mikado. While Aoi was pleased to see his former friend and Yuto getting along, his heart also ached at Yuto's cheerful voice, and he began to feel more and more uncomfortable.

 

"Haruhito... I would really like to take some time and have a leisurely conversation with you sometime later. Could you reach out to me again after tomorrow's surgery?"

 

"Yeah, sure! I've taken a two-week vacation. I also have plans to meet up with Mr. Ren, and I was thinking of going over to your house soon to say hello."

 

"To meet up with my brother?"

 

"Yeah, we had some cooperation on a work-related matter. I need to report and thank him."

 

"I see. So you guys have a business relationship."

 

"There aren't many companies without ties to the Kunihiro family in the business world, I believe. I'm looking forward to the possibility of working with you in the future."

 

"Heh, me too. And the anticipation of being able to see your face with my own eyes soon adds to my excitement."

 

"Is that so? You should take a look at your own face in the mirror first. You'll understand why girls and even guys go crazy about you."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. Well then, see you later. And Yuto-kun, until next time."

 

"Yes, excuse us."

 

Aoi felt Mikado's presence getting further and further away, with his brisk footsteps echoing through the room. Mikado was as energetic and flamboyant as ever. Aoi felt a surge of emotions after his conversation with Mikado but also a slight sense of unease.

 

He was an Alpha. There was no guarantee that he wouldn't pick up on Yuto's Omega pheromones.

 

Aoi didn't want to harbor such feelings towards his friend, but even he, who was blind, had immediately realized that Yuto was an Omega. Mikado was very perceptive, he would easily be able to see through Yuto's secondary gender. Even more so, he might become attracted to Yuto... Such anxieties silently stirred his heart.

 

"Your friend is such a fun guy. I'd love to hear more stories about your high school days, Master Aoi."

 

"Is that so?"

 

"Yes, Master Aoi. You don't often talk about the past."

 

"I don't have very fond memories of that time. Things were alright after I became close with Mikado and the others, though."

 

"I see... Is that so?"

 

"Rather than that, avoid being alone with him. As you can see, he's an Alpha. There's a chance he might realize that you're an Omega."

 

"Y-Yes, I understand. I'll be cautious."

 

Sitting in the wheelchair, Aoi's lowered his gaze, feeling pathetic for deliberately driving the point home like this, exposing his own lack of composure.

 

I want to get my sight back soon... And, as soon as possible, make Yuto mine. I want him to belong to me alone...

 

Aoi took a deep, long breath, trying to soothe his wildly churning emotions.



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me