Chapter 4 - Blindness

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well.

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





Decision

 

 

"Brother... what do you mean with this?"

 

 Upon hearing his older brother's voice as he entered the room, Aoi asked in a low voice. Ren crossed his arms in a leisurely motion, tilted his head slightly, and narrowed his eyes.

 

"You don't like Suno?"

 

"This is not a matter of liking him or not... I haven't seen him in five years, you can't actually shove him at me out of the blue and expect me to-"

 

"Heh, Aoi is really naive. The day after tomorrow, another Omega I picked out for you is coming. Can't you at least try to flirt with them a little?"

 

"... Another one?"

 

 Saying so, Ren approached the bed and gently patted Aoi's head, who was looking back at him with a bitter face. At the same time, he turned his eyes toward Yuto who stood frozen behind Aoi.

 

"... Hmm? You're Aoi's caretaker, aren't you? What's with this attire?"

 

"Oh... I'm sorry...!"

 

 Yuito quickly sat up straight, bowing deeply.

 

  The shirt he was wearing only reached a little above his knees and he was barefoot. Moreover, Yuto had just finished dealing with his morning wood, so he was not even wearing any underwear. Feeling helpless, he kept his head down.

 

 Aoi placed his hand on his back. Yuto looked up at Aoi, who was still sitting on the bed. Aoi then brushed Ren's hand away in annoyance and said in an unusually gruff voice:

 

"Suno attacked me in my sleep, and there was a loud commotion. Yuto rushed over right away, that's why he's dressed like this."

 

"Attacking you in your sleep... Hey, don't put it in such a harsh way."

 

"In fact, you're right. I don't like people who engage in that kind of uncivilized behavior."

 

"U-uncivilized..."

 

After being berated so coldly by Aoi, Suno appeared shaken. Ren gave a deep throaty laugh and stroked Aoi's hair again. 

 

"Don't say it like that. You know Suno has always been in love with you."

 

"..."

 

"And besides, you're turning twenty soon. Your debut in the social world is approaching. It's about time to choose a formal partner."

 

"Do you mean I should choose... a pair?"

 

"No, it's different."

 

 Ren sat down on the bed and cupped Aoi's cheeks in his hands as he looked into his cloudy white eyes. Yuto hurriedly got off the bed and stood behind Seita, who was waiting by the window.

 

 Aoi's eyes turned toward Ren, but his colorless eyes did not reveal any emotion. Ren squinted his eyes with a little sadness and gently touched Aoi's cheek with his perfectly shaped lips.

 

 Hiiiii... Wow... so beautiful...

 

 It may have been just a greeting, but the picture of two exquisite siblings sharing a kiss was devastatingly ravishing. Yuto was getting so excited behind Seita that he received a stern glare from him.

 

"You don't have to choose a pair. What I have always emphasized is finding a superior Omega who can bear children and carry on the lineage of the Kunishiro family. I've already said so many times in the past."

 

"...I've heard you say that many times before, but I dislike your way of thinking, Brother. So if you're asking me to choose a partner for that reason, I'm afraid I have to decline."

 

"Huh... I knew you would say that. But you know what, Aoi? This is also your duty. You have to produce excellent Alpha offspring and pass this blood to the next generation."

 

"This again... Did you come all the way here to talk about that?"

 

"You and I are the only direct descendants of the Kunishiro family in this world. In order for this family to continue to thrive and prosper in the future, we need to bring up children who carry our bloodline. You understand that, don't you?"

 

"..."

 

"I need your help for the sake of this family, Aoi. That's why I invited Suno. It is also for your own sake."

 

 Master Aoi's sake this, Master Aoi's sake that... All that you want is for everything to go your way, Master Ren...

 

 Yuto couldn't help but feel repulsed by Ren's words.

 

 Aoi remained still and silent, his lips pursed into a straight line. Ren gently stroked his brother's cheek with his thumb and smiled softly.

 

 It was a radiant and divine smile. But in Yuto's eyes, it looked chilling and terrifying.

 

"Actually, I've come to talk to you about something else. We've already set a date for your eye surgery."

 

 Ren told Aoi in a casual tone. Aoi, who probably had not consulted with his brother at all, looked up at him with surprise, his eyes widening slightly.

 

"What...? That surgery was said to be too risky, so it can't be performed for the time being...."

 

"A young man from the branch family died in a car accident. I can provide you with those eyes now."

 

"What..."

 

"Aoi. It's going to be a difficult surgery, but I've invested a lot of money in the best medical team just for you. They have successfully performed several eye transplant regeneration surgeries in the last two years. Now that we have a donor, I don't want you to miss this chance."

 

"..."

 

 Aoi swallowed with difficulty. Similarly, Yuito was also stunned.

 

 Aoi's eyes would be able to see again - a reality that Yuto was happy to welcome. With his sight restored, Aoi would be freed from the darkness, and his wonderful talents would be able to flourish to a greater extent.

 

 However, Yuto still felt a sense of desolation.

 

 Once he could see again, Aoi would no longer need Yuto's help. What would be the meaning of Yuto's existence when he was no longer needed by Aoi? Aoi would stand on top of the world as a member of the Kunishiro family and make love to some outstanding Omegas that belong to the same glittering social circle as him. That is where Aoi truly belongs.

 

 At that time, Yuto would no longer be by Aoi's side.

 

 Yuto employed all his strength into supporting his body, which was on the verge of collapse as he tightly clutched the hems of his nightwear.

 

"Aoi, I want you to see the world with your own eyes again. I want you to realize the magnitude of what we, brothers, are carrying."

 

"... I do understand. I am aware of it even if I can't see it. That's why I..."

 

"No, you don't. You don't understand, which is why you are so naive as to not want to choose a partner. And with your current eyes, there are limits to what you can accomplish. Eventually, I want you to become my right-hand man. Do you understand?"

 

"..."

 

"Please lend me your strength, Aoi."

 

 Ren's words and tone of voice were calm, but they carried a decisive undertone. All that he was telling Aoi were the decisions that he made himself... and by extension, that of the Kunishiro family, a fixed future that he couldn't escape.

 

 Silence filled Aoi's room. Yuto, trembling with nervousness and anxiety, tried his best to hold back from voicing the many questions that welled up in his chest.

 

 Master Ren isn't considering Master Aoi's wishes at all. Is this really okay? Why don't you say anything, Master Aoi...?

 

 Surprisingly, it was Suno who broke this painful silence.

 

 Suno gave a big yawn, covering his mouth with the sleeve of his kimono, then smiled and said in a leisurely tone:

 

"Aoi-kun, you don't want to hear such talk when you just woke up, so why don't you just leave it at that?"

 

"Uhh, yeah, well, maybe you're right. Sorry, Aoi."

 

"..."

 

"Hey, Master Ren, since we haven't seen each other in a while, how about having breakfast with me? You can still spare me some of your busy time, right?"

 

"That sounds good."

 

 Ren got up from the bed and patted Aoi's head once more. Ren looked slightly forlorn at Aoi's refusal to acknowledge him, but he quickly resumed his amiable smile and walked toward Suno.

 

"Shall we go? It's such a beautiful day, let's have dinner in the garden."

 

"Oh, yes... Ah, Aoi-kun, I'll stay here for the time being, so feel free to call for me whenever you feel like it."

 

"Stay here...? Will you be staying here overnight?"

 

"Oh, no, as you can imagine, I wouldn't be so presumptuous. My family owns a nearby theatre, I will be staying there while settling my work here."

 

 Suno smiled as he stood by Ren's side. Suno's every gesture was beautiful and elegant, but in Yuto's eyes, it looked as if Suno was fawning over Ren.

 

 He somewhat had a very bad feeling.



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me