Chapter 101 - Pay Attention to Me

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well. This chapter should have been uploaded yesterday but I had an important exam today and completely forgot. I'm very sorry.

Anyway, here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





When the final exam came, the third-years were not as nervous as they were when they took their first final exam in the first year of high school.

 

But not being nervous does not mean they were not concerned about the results.

 

"I pray to the heavenly spirits and earthly spirits, oh Buddha, bless me to at least make some progress..." Zhang Ke prayed with his hands folded and eyes closed.

 

Jiang Yao passed by and drew a cross on his chest: "Good luck, Amen."

 

Yin Che kicked him in the back: "People worship Buddha, and you worship God?"

 

"Double the prayer, double the blessing."

 

Jiang Yao's fallacies have really proved to be true. When the grades were sent over, they could see that Zhang Ke improved by more than sixty marks. Although his ranking in the grade was still not high, this was still considered a qualitative leap.

 

"It's the first time I've got such a high score in the exam, wuwuwu..." Zhang Ke hugged his report card like a baby clutching his precious toy, "I passed the math test for the first time in history, wuwuwu... Thank you, Brother Yao, for your encouragement, thank you Yile for teaching me, thank you teacher for your patience, thanks to the school for giving me recognition..."

 

Chen Yingying: "Stop, stop, stop, are you giving your acceptance speech right now, huh?"

 

Wu Guozhong also made a point of praising Zhang Ke in the class meeting session, and the latter was so excited that he wanted to stand up again to thank the whole class again. Chen Yingying had a hard time holding him down.

 

"Also, this time the first in our class, as well as the first in the whole grade changed hands. Congratulations to Yin Che for successfully squeezing your deskmate down his pedestal." Wu Guozhong joked around, "It's time to teach him a lesson, acting all high and mighty, disdaining his paper scores. You've finally been overtaken by someone, haven't you? Don't you feel bad inside?"

 

After class, Han Meng imitated Wu Guozhong's tone, "Jiang Yao, it's so hard on you, isn't it? You're feeling so bad about it, aren't you? Will you dare take it lightly again next time?"

 

Jiang Yao rested his arm on the back of his head, seeming very relaxed, "Hey, I blame my boyfriend for being too charming, making me lose all my motivation to study at night. This time we were in the same exam room again, I was looking at the back of his cute head all the time. I envy you guys who don't have a partner."

 

"......" Han Meng cursed and quit the chat.

 

The results were not only discussed in Class 1. The users online once again started a hot debate about the school tyrant:

 

"I still suspect him of cheating. How can he get such a high score all at once? Did he use some sort of black magic?"

 

"Even if he becomes the first in grade, so what? It doesn't change the fact that his personality is so bad."

 

"Did you hear? He dared to kiss his boyfriend openly in class, he really has some big nerve."

 

"How else could he seduce the alpha? I think Jiang Yao is just having fun with him. Who would really want such an Omega?"

 

......

 

The next week, after the final exams, they had a two-day lecture to review their test papers. The school assembly too place on Wednesday, followed by the winter break.

 

Yin Che polished his speech once more over the weekend.

 

Qiao Wanyun came in to deliver a midnight snack, and when she saw him still grinding his pen over the paper, she felt distressed: "Xiao Che, the exams are over, so you can relax a little."

 

Since the last joint examination, she was happy to learn that her son's strength was amazing, but she was also a bit worried.

 

He mustn't keep studying so hard at school, and forget to eat and sleep well.

 

"You can go to any university you want in the future, mom will support you, don't tire yourself out."

 

Yin Che took the bowl from her hands while saying: "Well, it's not tiring, it's quite easy."

 

"Ge, can I ask you..." Yin Ze opened the door and was about to walk inside. He was surprised when he saw them, "It's nothing, I'm leaving."

 

Qiao Wanyun called him back: "Don't go, come and sit here for a while. I haven't talked to you two alone for a long time. Let your Mom care about you."

 

Yin Ze had no choice but to close the door and reluctantly walked over. When he saw the tremella soup on the table, he hummed softly, "Mom, you can just care about him. He is an Omega, he is very precious."

 

Qiao Wanyun pulled him to sit down: "There's still more in the kitchen, I'll serve you a bowl later."

 

"I don't want to, I'm going to bed soon. Tell us what you have to say."

 

"Oh, you." Qiao Wangyun patted the back of his hand, "You've grown up, but you're still as capricious as when you were a kid."

 

"Where am I being capricious?"

 

"You also said that in the past. A moment you want this, a moment you want that. If you can not get what you what, then you cry and pester your brother, asking him to find a way."

 

"Did I? How come I don't remember..." Yin Ze muttered.

 

Qiao Wanyun took each one of her sons' hands in her own, then folded them together, "Forget it, forget it. What happened before, it's all in the past anyway. You are both grown up now, and your parents are old, you have to support each other in the future. Don't worry anymore about what happened when you were young, okay?"

 

Yin Ze drew back his hand: "Mom, there are things that I can't forget just because I want to, so don't try to persuade me."

 

Qiao Wangyun felt quite helpless, and after scolding him a few more times, she went downstairs to serve him some soup.

 

"Mom is still partial to you, what's so good about you?" Yin Ze said disdainfully.

 

Yin Che didn't want to argue with him, "What did you want to tell me, just say it."

 

"Have you read the posts online? I told you to be careful, but you're still kissing your boyfriend all day long. Is it true?"

 

"No matter what I do, they won't stop talking."

 

"Don't think I don't know what you've been doing. Mom believed you when you said you went for a morning jog, but I don't."

 

Yin Che coughed lightly: "I still have a sense of propriety."

 

Yin Ze grunted: "I think if this continues, you will become the public enemy of the whole school. What is your unreliable boyfriend doing? Can he only protect his Omega when you're making out with him?"

 

"He is protecting me." Yin Che smiled, "I can protect myself too, don't you worry."

 

"Worried my ass, of course I know how good my smart brother is at 'protecting himself', but don't be so confident that you forget what happened back then. You thought you were hiding well, but you were still found out in the end and taken away."

 

Yin Che hadn't recalled this incident for a long time, and hearing him mention it, the face of the kidnappers at that time instantly flashed through his mind again, "That's because..."

 

Suddenly, a certain face was nailed in his mind.

 

He had familiar, sinister eyes.

 

Yin Che stood up slowly.

 

"What are you doing?" Yin Ze was puzzled, "Have you already lost it?"

 

"So, it was him...," Yin Che muttered.

 

No wonder. This explained everything that had happened this semester.

 

He had simply been led by the nose all along by the other party, such an obvious clue that he didn't even find out until now.

 

"Him? Who do you mean?" Yin Ze asked.

 

Yin Che returned to his senses: "Nothing, I want to be alone for a while, you go to bed first."

 

Yin Ze turned around and left: "Okay, I don't deserve to hear your secrets. You can just go find your boyfriend, I won't care about your business from now on, okay?"

 

He slammed the door and left, Yin Che couldn't explain to him for now, so he had to let go.

 

It was late at night, but this matter had to be brought up immediately.

 

Fortunately, the evidence was not difficult to find. After searching the Internet for half an hour, all the clues were basically confirmed. He had guessed correctly.

 

Everything was meticulously planned.

 

The phone on the table suddenly rang. Jiang Yao was calling him.

 

As if their heart were linked, Jiang Yao's opening sentence was: "I went back and thought about it. The other party hated you so much and even wanted to kill you. Could it be a person who was related to your previous incident? Would he come back to take revenge on you?"

 

"I was just about to tell you that I..."

 

Jiang Yao waited for a few seconds then had to urge him to speak, "Tell me what?"

 

Yin Che touched his forehead: "I seem to be a little feverish. Can I come to find you so we could have a talk in person?"

 

"No, you stay at home." Jiang Yao got up and started dressing up, "I'll be there in forty minutes. Wait for me."

 

"Okay."

 

Jiang Yao took his keys and headed downstairs. Passing by the living room, he was called back: "Where are you going so late?"

 

"A classmate needs me for something, I'm going to help."

 

"An Omega?"

 

"Hmm."

 

"Your classmate?"

 

"...... Hmm."

 

A clear laugh came from the living room, "Okay, go ahead. You better not come back tonight."

 

... When was he exposed?

 

Jiang Yao didn't have time to dwell on this for now, so he quickly put on his shoes before heading out.

 

His omega was waiting for him.

 

The scooter was moving at a high speed, only leaving its roar behind in the silence of the night. By the time he reached Xicheng, exactly forty minutes had passed.

 

Jiang Yao parked his motorcycle and wanted to call someone to come out. Just after he picked up his mobile phone, he saw someone waiting for him at the gate of the residential area.

 

"How long have you been waiting? Are you cold?"

 

Yin Che's face was red, but his expression was a bit abnormal, looking at him, not saying anything.

 

As if I had just cried, my nose was red.

 

Jiang Yao took the person into his arms: "What's wrong? Don't panic, I'll give you a temporary mark first, it should be able to be suppressed for a few more days. When you're able to think clearly, you can decide whether you use the inhibitor or choose me, I can accept both."

 

Yin Che looked up from his arms and took a deep breath, "Ge."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Let's break up."

 

What the author has to say:

 

Yin Che: My nose is getting red from the cold. What are you writing?

 

A certain someone: I'm sorry, so sorry... orz*, I'll apologize by handling the bad guys offline tomorrow!

[T/N: orz is an emoticon that represents someone who has fallen over or is bowing down on their knees and perhaps pounding their head on the floor. The o is the head, the r is the arms and upper torso, and the z is the rest of the body and legs.]



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me