Chapter 34 - Blindness

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well. It's been a while since I uploaded anything, I missed you all.

I've been in China for two months, and I only have a desktop computer so I couldn't bring it there. I'm back with new chapters for my current projects and planning to pick up some new projects. I'd be really grateful for providing me with any suggestions.

I have decided to pick up a new project, and I thought it'd be more fun to let you choose and suggest a novel you'd like me to pick up. With all that said, you can send me private messages or comments with your suggestions and then come here to vote for your favorite pics.

Here, you can find more information on each individual project I am considering:

- The True Heir of a Wealthy Family Marries Again (Rebirth) - 豪门真少爷改嫁中(重生)
The Villain Host Is Too Fierce [Quick Transmigration]
- The Supporting Villain Is Raising a Cub Online - 恶毒男配在线养崽
- Willing to Submit - 甘为人下
- I Was Offered to the Male Lead by the Female Lead (Transmigration into a Book) - 我被女主献给了男主(穿书)
The Demonic Ancestor Who Desired Supremacy
The Days of Being Married to the Heavenly Overlord - 嫁給天界大佬的日子
The Big Bosses Are Not What I Expected After I Transmigrated Into A Book
- The Mermaid Princess's Little Brother - 人魚姫の弟
- Save the Beautiful and Tragic Hero - 拯救美强惨男主
After Being Transported into a Book, I Adopted the Villain
- My Darling Sick Beauty

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

As I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





Temporary Relief

 

 

One day, Ren visited Dr. Ayase's home for a check-up. He had come to look forward to this regular appointment, held once or twice a month, with all his heart. Here, he didn’t have to pretend to be an Alpha.


“Ren, have you noticed any changes in your health?”


As he inserted the needle into Ren's pale arm, Dr. Seiichi Ayase asked in a gentle voice. Ren slowly shook his head and replied monotonously, “Not particularly.” He let out a small sigh while watching his own blood fill the syringe.


“Can’t you at least stop using the muscle enhancers? With headaches and nausea, it must be hard to go about your daily life.”


“It’s fine. It’s really no big deal.”


“But…”


“You said you would respect my wishes, didn’t you? I’m okay with it. Thanks to that, no one at school thinks I’m an Omega.”


“…”


“Besides, Ritsu is helping me out in various ways. I’ll be fine.”


“…I see. But for now, I won’t prescribe any stronger medication. Depending on the test results, we might need to reduce the dosage. I hope you understand that.”


“…Understood.”


The stethoscope felt cool against his chest. Ren took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly. Behind his slightly unfashionable amber-colored glasses, Dr. Ayase's eyes narrowed slightly.


With serene eyes framed by faint double eyelids and a finely sculpted high nose, Dr. Ayase, though said to be well past his mid-forties, possesses skin so flawless that not a single wrinkle mars its pale complexion. In fact, depending on how you look at him, he still appears youthful enough to pass for someone in their twenties..


For an Omega to become a doctor… it’s no ordinary feat. Whenever Ren thought about the struggles this man must have faced in his youth, he felt he had to pull himself together too.


“I don’t want to push this young body too hard…”


“Let’s not talk about that, Doctor. …What about Ritsu? He’s been absent from school since yesterday.”


“Yes, he’s in heat and holed up in his room. It seems like he's brought in yet another Alpha he found at school."


"Brought in...? Huh? R-Really?"


Ritsu was also a beautiful boy, resembling his father. He showed no signs of feeling inferior about being an Omega; rather, he had a unique ability to thrive among Alphas, fully utilizing his charm. He was quite popular at school and even held the position of vice president in the student council, despite being an Omega.


Two years older than Ren, Ritsu was always by his side, acting as a distraction from Ren’s Omega pheromones. While it was impossible during classes, he would pull Ren into the student council and make sure to stay close to protect him during after-school activities or events when teachers were less attentive.


To outsiders, it would probably seem like Ritsu was head over heels for Ren. At school, Ritsu had been labeled as “that lewd, easy-going Omega who curries favor with Ren, the eldest son of the Kunishiro family,'' but he himself doesn't care at all. Ritsu’s carefree way of living was something Ren admired.


And now, Ritsu was being embraced by an Alpha. Ren knew that Ritsu was sexually liberated and extremely popular with Alphas, but he never thought he would actually be having sex with one. As he imagined Ritsu’s lewd side, Ren found himself momentarily speechless.


Seeing Ren freeze up, Dr. Ayase hurriedly pushed up his glasses.


“…Ah! I’m sorry. I thought Ren already knew…”


“N-no… It’s fine.”


“I apologize. In my house, we talk about such topics openly, so I just…”


“D-don’t worry about it…”


Dr. Seiichi Ayase was an Omega who had given birth to his son, Ritsu. Although it seemed he had no partner, he never mentioned who the Alpha was that had fathered Ritsu.


So this doctor seems to have a lewd side too…


Ren felt a bit uncomfortable and shifted in his seat.


Though he was suppressing his heat with medication, during those moments, Ren also had lewd dreams.


When he woke up, his underwear would be soaked, and he’d feel an uncontrollable arousal that was agonizing. Sometimes, he would think he had to calm himself down before going to school and would tentatively touch himself.


The moment he touched himself, an overwhelming pleasure would wash over him, so intense it was blinding. A sweet voice that he couldn't believe was his own, and gushing bodily fluids. And a sweet tingling that lurked deep within his body...


Everything about it was repulsive, yet no matter how he struggled, he craved an Alpha. The frustration of not being able to control his desire, and at the same time the unbearable loneliness that tormented Ren—when it gets to that point, all Ren could do was cry and comfort himself. But...


There’s no way I’m going to let myself be held by an Alpha. I have to be the most Alpha-like Alpha there is...


As Ren tightened his school tie, he asked with a deliberately calm voice.


"Ritsu, will he eventually have a child with someone?"


"Who knows? Ritsu always takes birth control pills. I don’t think he’ll have any kids until he becomes a doctor."


"Until he becomes a doctor...?"


"Yes. He’s said he wants to continue my research."


"Oh, really?"


Dr. Ayase smiled as he gently set his glasses down on the chart. He nodded while looking at the sunlight filtering through the blinds.


"Developing low-cost, high-quality suppressants so that Omegas can live better lives. If that happens, we’ll also see a reduction in the poor-quality products that are out there."


"…Yeah."


"Even though the laws to protect Omegas have progressed, society hasn’t changed much in reality. It's still filled with prejudice. If people’s understanding grows and good-quality medicine reaches the poorer Omega communities, life should become much easier."


"That’s true..."


"Also, Ritsu said he wants to become a doctor for you and Aoi."


"For me and Aoi?"


Ren blinked in surprise at hearing his brother's name suddenly mentioned. Dr. Ayase nodded slowly, leaning back in his chair.


"When you, Ren, will step into the spotlight and continue to thrive, you'll need someone to manage your health, won’t you? And thinking about the future of the Kunishiro family, I can’t help but wish for Aoi—your only blood relative—to follow your example."


"Yeah... but Aoi is..."


"A classmate from my medical school days is advancing research on eye transplant surgery. It’s quite difficult and comes with incredibly high risks, but there have been successful cases in animal testing. If the research continues to progress, it could surely help Aoi regain his eyesight."


"R-Really? Could something like that be done...!?"


"With the development of suppressants and the research on eye transplant surgeries, Ritsu seems to want to tackle both at the same time. My son is smarter than I am, so maybe he could be of help to you two."


"…R-Really? If that’s possible, I want to give my eyes to Aoi! Once he grows up and takes my place as the head of the Kunishiro family, my existence will no longer be necessary. I want to give my eyes to Aoi..."


Without thinking, Ren leaned forward, clutching Dr. Ayase’s lab coat desperately. Then Dr. Ayase gently wrapped Ren's hands in his larger ones and slowly shook his head.


"Ren... you shouldn’t say such things. You are Aoi’s only family, you know? How can brothers not support each other?"


"…But..."


"I’m sure one day Aoi will be able to share your secret. He’s very smart, just like you. He’ll surely understand everything and become your strength."


"…But..."


"It’s alright. Even if it’s just a little, we will support you. You will be okay."


"…Yeah..."


Dr. Ayase's eyes were calm and soothing, and as I looked into them, my heart gradually became tranquil. When Ren looked down, Dr. Ayase gently pulled him closer and enveloped him in warm comfort.


Being held like this feels reassuring... but this is just a temporary relief. I shouldn’t rely on these people.


After taking a deep breath with his eyes closed, Ren stood up, putting on his jacket. He bowed slightly to Dr. Ayase and simply said, "I’ll come again," before leaving the Ayase family’s home and clinic.


The bright blue sky burned in Ren's jade-colored eyes. Squinting against the brightness, Ren took out his phone from his pocket.


“It’s me. The examination is finished. Bring the car around.”


After saying that, he hung up and looked up at the sky once more.


I have to return to being an Alpha. I am Kunishiro Ren. I’m not an Omega. I’m an Alpha...


Repeatedly reminding himself of this in his heart, Ren donned the mask of an Alpha once more.



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me