Extra 1: Graduation trip (9) - Pay Attention to Me

Translator's Note:

Hello, I hope you've all been doing well.

Here you go, and I wish you a good read.

And as I said before, if you wish to read ahead, you can head over to my Patreon to get early access to all the translated chapters.





Their plan for the second day was to go shopping in the city center.

 

Chen Yingying got up early in the morning and dragged Han Meng to knock on the door of each room until she reached the last one. She was startled when she saw the face of the person who came to open the door: "Jiang Yao, why are your dark circles worse than yesterday? You didn't sleep well again?"

 

Han Meng squinted and laughed, "Hehe, the two of them are sharing a room, how can they sleep well?"

 

Jiang Yao leaned against the door, completely blocking their view, "Stop talking nonsense. I'm not going out with you today. I'll stay in the hotel with CheChe."

 

"What are you going to do in the hotel?"

 

"Discussing the future, talking about our aspirations."

 

"Come on, give us a break." Han Meng laughed and scolded, pulling Chen Yingying away, "Don't mind the two of them, they must be up to no good. Let's go."

 

Jiang Yao closed the door and saw that Yin Che had already woken up and was sitting on the bed, his hair messy, rubbing his sleepy eyes, "Who knocked on the door?"

 

"The class monitor." Jiang Yao sat on the bed, "I told them that we're not going out today. I'll stay with you to celebrate your birthday."

 

"In the hotel?"

 

"Yeah, do you want to go out?"

 

"No, let's just stay in the hotel." The tiredness from last night hadn't completely dissipated, so he didn't really feel like going out.

 

Yin Che got up, brushed his teeth, washed his face with cold water, and his mind became a little clearer. When he came out of the bathroom, he saw that breakfast was laid out on the small table by the window, as well as some fruits to have after the meal.

 

The two of them sat on the two single sofas next to the table and ate breakfast. Jiang Yao picked up a grape and was about to peel it when suddenly his expression became strange.

 

"Don't you think the color and shape of this grape look like..."

 

"I don't think so, shut up and clear your mind."

 

"Okay, okay."

 

After breakfast, there was nothing to do. Except for the TV, there were not many entertainment facilities in the room. Yin Che lounged on the sofa, "Where's my surprise?"

 

"I have it, don't worry." Jiang Yao smiled and stretched his right hand into his pocket, took out something, and held it in his palm, "Guess which hand? If you guess correctly, I'll give it to you."

 

"Are you kidding me?"

 

"Let's make it a little more special."

 

Yin Che was speechless and deliberately pointed to his left hand, "This one."

 

Jiang Yao quickly switched the thing from his right hand to his left, and opened his palm, "You guessed it right!"

 

"You're nuts." Yin Che laughed and scolded him, before looking at what was in Jiang Yao's hand--

 

It was a key.

 

"What's the key for?"

 

"An apartment next to our school. I rented it."

 

"Why are you renting a house after graduation?"

 

"I mean, it's for when we enter university."

 

Yin Che was stunned, "University?"

 

"Yes." Jiang Yao smiled, "It's just across the street from the university, so it's very convenient. It's a two-bedroom apartment. We sleep in the master bedroom, and occasionally, when friends come over, they can sleep in the guest room..."

 

"Hold on." Yin Che interrupted, "Did you already pay for it?"

 

"Of course, that location is very popular, I paid one month's rent as a deposit."

 

"How much?"

 

"Three thousand."

 

Just as Yin Che was about to say that it might not be good to spend his parents' money like that, Jiang Yao already understood what he was thinking from his expression and said, "Don't worry, this money is my own."

 

"Where did you get the money from?"

 

"Do you think I only accompanied my grandparents during the month I was abroad? I also worked at my dad's company, translating documents. One document had seven or eight thousand words, but they only paid fifty yuan per thousand words. It was outright exploitation..." Jiang Yao couldn't even bear to think back to that time, "This three thousand yuan is all my hard-earned money, only then did I realize how difficult it is to earn money and how dangerous society is."

 

Yin Che smiled, "You can borrow from your parents first and pay them back later."

 

"That won't do. We're in university now and can't rely on our families anymore. We have to earn our own money to support ourselves."

 

Jiang Yao naturally included Yin Che in the "family" category.

 

Yin Che looked at the shiny new metal key, glowing in the sunlight, as if it could open a treasure trove.

 

He didn't hesitate any more and accepted the key, "I will support our family with you."

 

Jiang Yao didn't reject him and say something like "You just need to let me support you." Instead, he rubbed his fluffy hair and said, "Did you like this surprise?"

 

Yin Che lowered his head and let him touch to his heart's content. When he stopped, he nodded lightly, "I like it."

 

"What do you think of your boyfriend?"

 

"He's okay..."

 

"Please use a sentence to compliment your boyfriend."

 

"Overconfident..."

 

Jiang Yao persistently asked, "No other words?"

 

"No."

 

"Really? Then let's see who praised me so much in front of my dad." Jiang Yao took out his phone and read the message he received last night, "I think what you said is wrong. Although he had many partners, his goal was to find someone to accompany him for the rest of his life. Although the method was not very appropriate, it shows that he takes love seriously and can't be considered a playboy..."

 

Yin Che's reaction was swift. He stood up and rushed toward Jiang Yao, snatching his phone from his hand, and blurting out, "Don't read it!"

 

Jiang Yao hugged him tightly and continued reading, "In addition, I understood from your words that he was wholeheartedly devoted to each of his partners, even after the breakup, no one said anything bad about him, and still liked him. This shows that his loyalty and tenderness are innate and not deliberately feigned, otherwise he would not be able to treat everyone this way. I believe that he chose me and will remain faithful... Hmm, this statement is absolutely correct."

 

Yin Che struggled hard, "Give it back to me!"

 

"This is my phone, why should I give it back to you?" Jiang Yao skipped a few paragraphs and continued, "Actually, between the two of us, I'm the one with the issues. He takes his relationships seriously, but I closed myself off for some reason, ignored all that love, and gave up on myself as well as the people who loved me."

 

"Besides, I have many other shortcomings. For instance, there are things that I just give up thinking about and can't be bothered to deal with, but Jiang Yao is different. He puts his all into everything he does. He made me realize that there are so many things in the world to strive for and so many people worth loving."

 

As the person in his arms gradually quieted down, Jiang Yao loosened his grip and leaned against him. He then handed him the phone and asked, "I particularly like this last part. Did you actually say that?"

 

Yin Che glanced at it and tried to maintain his composure. "Hmm."

 

"Repeat it to me."

 

"No."

 

Jiang Yao's lips brushed against his neck as he hugged him from behind, swaying gently in the morning sunlight as if they were dancing a slow dance. "Please, baby."

 

"..."

 

Once again, he couldn't resist.

 

Leaning against Jiang Yao's chest, he looked down and saw their hands intertwined. He spoke slowly without needing to look at the phone, repeating what he had said that night word by word.

 

Because everything he said came straight from his heart.

 

[Despite everything you've said, my opinion of him won't change. In my heart, he doesn't have any flaws, at least not as of now.]

 

[My past is much worse than his, but he never saw it as a flaw. How could I possibly mind his past?]

 

[You might have the impression that he's the one pursuing me, but that's not the case... in fact, it's quite the opposite.]

 

[For me, if it's not him, then it can't be anyone else.]

 

The author has something to say:

 

Extra 1 is over~ I might make some revisions later. The rest of the university extras will be written and released later~ (? ??_??)?



Last Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Comments

  1. Am I the only one who's disappointed that Jiang Yao is always finding out about Yin Che's feelings accidentally or from others? like, if he hadn't listened to Yin Che talking to his sister, or if he hadn't accidentally opened a paper star, or if his dad hadn't told him what Yin Che said... Jiang Yao would probably still be in the dark about those things ):

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 94 - Pay Attention to Me

Chapter 1 - Pay Attention to Me

Extra 2: College Life (3) (NSFW) - Pay Attention to Me